Here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy blackberry vinegar.
Raw Cherry BBQ Sauce Recipe by Betty Rawker
- 2 cups dark sweet cherries (fresh or frozen & defrosted, pits removed)
- 2 Tablespoons Hoskins Raw Blackberry Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos (or tamari)
- 1 Tablespoon minced dried onion
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon black strap molasses
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Blend ingredients together in a high speed blender. Serve with fresh or dehydrated veggies, or use in place of regular BBQ sauce when grilling. This stuff is absolutely amazing when served cooked or raw!
Orange Poppy Seed Dressing by Charles Price of The Taste of Oregon
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon (10 ml.) dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon (10 ml.) salt
- ⅓ cup Hoskins blackberry vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons onion juice
- 1 cup toasted hazelnut oil
- 1½ tablespoons poppy seeds
Mix sugar, mustard, salt and vinegar. Add onion juice and stir it in thoroughly. Add oil slowly, processing until thick. Add poppy seeds and process for a few seconds. Store in a cool place or the refrigerator, but not near the freezing coil.
For full recipe see The Taste of Oregon website.
- 4 tablespoons Hoskins blackberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tasty olive oil
- 1-2 cloves chopped garlic
- Sea salt to taste
- Herbs to taste – this time of year we like to use a sprig of chopped fresh basil and a sprig of chopped fresh oregano.
Whisk together & enjoy. This is our favorite salad dressing here at Hoskins Berry Farm.